Georgia-Pacific Corporation

www.gp.com

GP corp is super high one the safety aspects of plsnt operation!

Former Employee - Line Take Off Forklift Op/Shipping Loader  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Line Take Off Forklift Op/Shipping Loader in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Pros

I previously state Geogia Pacific take their safety to the highest level. As well as in a greviance situation there is always a fair compromise usually worked out.

Cons

Biggest concern I have for the local Plant - Edmonton Alberta, they had no problem letting the facility go on s six month strike, while management was force to run the board line/crossing the picket line.

Be more consistent with knowing the ground floor workers. Remember, U hired human being with different stories to life and really try to understand: you work with what you get. Maximize this realization and the crew dynamics go up and so does work effort/attitude.

Other reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Good company, good people

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

Professional working environment, respectful management.
    Now that Georgia Pacific is a private company (purchased by Koch Industries) a lot of the corporate bloat was reduced down to core efficient teams. Less people and more work getting done. At least in the IT side of GP.
    I really enjoyed my time at GP and felt that I was rewarded for my efforts most of the time.

Read up on Charles Koch's book market based management to see if you would be a good fit for the culture. I personally found it fit my personal values so i embraced the idea.

Cons

Big company slower to make decisions.
    Management has good philosophies "Market Based Management" but not all leaders actually follow it.

Embrace Market Based Management.
    Find ways to keep senior team members engaged and not too comfortable.

Salary

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Port Hudson, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Port Hudson, LA (US)

Pros

good salary, benefits, just a good place to work.

Cons

Union, twelve hours a day

na

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!