There are newer employer reviews for Girl Scouts USA

Worker Bees and busy body bees

Current Employee - Membership Manager
Current Employee - Membership Manager

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

building girls to bellieve they are equal to men.

Cons

in membership, volunteer, program, and outreach we work countless hours and the folks in the finance dept. work monday through friday 9-5 and seem to always complain the membership is never in the office and sdont think we work very hard.

reward us for the job we do and pay us like you pay the finance dept.

198 Other Employee Reviews for Girl Scouts USA (View Most Recent)

If I could give less than one star I would.

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time

Pros

Zero - you would think that a pro of working for this organization would be providing meaningful programs and experiences to girls, but you don't get the chance to do that.

Cons

Extremely unprofessional and unhappy staff. Senior managers are incapable of performing job duties and no one is held accountable for anything. Its a strictly "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" type of environment. No room to grow professional or move up, no raises, no 401K or retirement. You do get a nice amount of days off - IF you can get them approved, which most likely you can't. Be prepared for things to change every single day, no plan, no organization. Don't plan on complaining to upper management about a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. you will be handed a box of tissues and told how lucky you even are to have a job! Expectation is to work 24/7 with no compensation, you are told your job is more important then your health and your family. There is not a single line from the code of conduct that this employer adheres to. Very disappointing to see so much potential wasted.

None, not only are they not interested in a single thing anyone has to say, they are too lazy and incompetent to carry anything out.

Not so good...

Former Employee - Activity Leader in Hempstead, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Activity Leader in Hempstead, NY (US)

I worked at Girl Scouts USA part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

within each department there is a sense of commoditary

Cons

Lost count of how many times p/t staff was let go because "lack program funding" then due to "restructuring of the organization" p/t staff is asked back but to reduced hours and let go again a few months later

Get your program budgets in order and hire accordingly...especially with your part-time staff

There are newer employer reviews for Girl Scouts USA