There are newer employer reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Its quite comfortable here

Current Employee - Medical Representative  in  Calcutta (India)
Current Employee - Medical Representative in Calcutta (India)

I have been working at GlaxoSmithKline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Galxosmithkline is a big banner to work with.
Pays well.

Cons

When you are highly paid then you have to manage multitasking.

Just keep on.

478 Other Employee Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline (View Most Recent)

Getting tougher to enjoy your job...

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Chino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chino, CA (US)

I have been working at GlaxoSmithKline full-time

Pros

great health benefits, 3 weeks vacation plus a week off at christmas and 2 additional personal days on top of paid holidays for employees during their first 10 years, car, unlimited gas (GSK deducts $75 per paycheck), most employees are great people, supportive on advancing career within GSK,

Cons

very micro managed, most people are no longer motivated to sell because we aren't paid on sales, morale is very low, very difficult to build relationships with doctors and staff because lunches/in-services are so challenging to conduct under the new GSK Corporate Integrity Agreement which requires any health care provider to have an established customer identification number CID in order for you to give any item of value. very limited clinical resources for us to use in the field. most people find the new incentive compensation system very demotivating and the manager grading system for rep reviews can be naturally very subjective.

things are hypocritical. we're not supposed to be judged on numbers but that's most of what we address, discuss, and highlight on national, regional, and district conference calls.

Generally speaking, a good experience.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at GlaxoSmithKline full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company mission, very good pay and benefits, excellent work/life balance, professional and dedicated workforce, very involved in the community.

Cons

Lack of transparency by some of the Senior Management, too much insular thinking, double standards sometimes applied, lack of career opportunities

Hold yourself to the same standards as others; be open to new ideas and ways of doing things that weren't invented at GSK

There are newer employer reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!