GoDaddy

www.godaddy.com

Great place to work, needs help though.

Manager (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsThe pay is usually pretty good. Depending on which position you are in of course.

The benefits are pretty amazing, you receive 3-4 weeks of paid time off in the first year once you become a permanent employee.

You work with brilliant people on a regular basis.

The 401k plan is stellar. You become fully vested in 1 year. Thats right, one year.

ConsThe Old Boys Club mentality is quite prevalent in the company. If you didn't join the company several years ago then your options are some what limited in terms of how you can climb up the career ladder. Those who are in the club seem to have a free pass.

The company is a follower and not a leader. Meaning that we wait for something to become popular and then we adapt to it (IE blogging,hosting,etc) instead of being in the for front of the industry and developing these products initially.

Our marketing is beyond help. Our advertisements; while when they first came out were above and beyond any other companies at the time. Now they are all the same style of commercials, except there are a few new faces in them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the old boys club. Make the culture consistent throughout the entire company. Develop new products and services rather then try to reinvent the wheel.

Watch out for the inner circle.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros: The company is fundamentally decent, there are a lot of smart people who work there who try their best to make things better despite stupid… Cons: Management are a bunch of yestards who way over promise to the execs. The result is the trench folk really feel the pressure and as… Advice to Senior Management: Hire some real software engineers with real degrees in software engineering and real experience developing commercial software. Get some real development… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Know what you are getting into!

Database Administrator (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros: Strong engineering team. Good name recognition for resume. Bob is both a showman and an ex-marine. Its an interesting place to be,… Cons: High pressure. Speed of execution matters above all else. You must be preapred to work till 6 or 7… Advice to Senior Management: Try creating a good software development process. More emphasis… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GoDaddy.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!