There are newer employer reviews for Goldcorp

Working in Goldcorp

Current Employee - Miner III in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Miner III in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

Goldcorp has a great position in the industry, being a industry leader Goldcorp takes great effort to provide a safe, healthy and profitable working environment for employees. Goldcorp encourages transfers between different working sites and there are many different carrers such as miners tradesmen, mill technicians, refiners, assay technicians, training, HR, engineering, secretarial, mechanical, electrical, construction, carpentry, and many more. Goldcorp offers numerous employee education and improvement programs to inspire leadership and growth of people. Goldcorp also pays competitive wages.

Cons

From my experience some of the negative aspects could be the remote location of some mine sites. requiring the employee to work on a two week on two week off schedule, (which is also a good thing for some people.) Mining is also not the easiest of jobs. Underground operations also have a higher risk factor.

I enjoy working at Goldcorp. I really encourage our senior executives to continue the strategy being put in place. Continue being open and approachable. Having been able to meet many of the corporate executives in the company I work for, is one of the many reason I would never work anywhere else.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Goldcorp (View Most Recent)

It's a great place to grow!

Current Employee - Rather Not Tell in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Rather Not Tell in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros

It is a growing company with lots of opportunities.
    We are treated fairly and with respect
    Our compensation and benefits are probably best in class.
    Goldcorp represents all that is positive and challenging in the mining industry: A wide variety of geographic locations, leading edge technology, many different cultures and constantly changing production challenges.

Cons

The senior leadership team is distant, inaccessible and seemingly not interested in the rest of the company.
    Other than that, we really cannot complain!

Provide us with your thoughts on where we are, where are going and what you think makes Goldcorp a great company. Providing this type of info only to investors DOES NOT COUNT!!!!
    It is clear that you are not a unified team. Please rectify that.

Strong corporate values and a culture of excellence

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Goldcorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong corporate values that put people first which is truly amazing for a mining company. The company offers a culture of excellence and those who work at Goldcorp are among the best and brightest in their field.

Cons

Goldcorp is a very entrepreneurial company and constantly evolving and changing. This type of environment is not for everyone and requires a good dose of ambiguity tolerance.

There are newer employer reviews for Goldcorp