Google

www.google.com

It's OK as a contractor.

Business Specialist (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsSmart people, enthusiasm, lots of free Google stuff (bags, jackets, shirts, etc.). Cool technology - new phones, tablets and computers to use and test on the job. It's exciting to work on things that you know people use and love.

ConsYou kind of have to drink the kool-aid. So enthusiasm over new acquisitions can be over the top. You've got use and LOVE (or pretend to) new projects like Wave, Google+, Google Local, etc. As a contractor, you're definitely on the bottom of the heap.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent about the length and scope of our projects. My position was supposed to be 3 months, but lasted about 8 (not complaining about that necessarily) but slowly morphed into sales. When it ended, it was sudden. No warning - just 10 people called into a meeting (our whole team) and told this was the last day so turn in our equipment.

MBA Intern

MBA Intern (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The food is good. The events can be fun. MBA… Cons: Google Enterprise was not a good place to intern with. The company isn't exactly sure whether it wants to invest in enterprise because the sales… Advice to Senior Management: - Better alignment between project and company goals - Don't put an intern on an island -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee) Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

I worked at Google full-time for less than a year

Pros: It's a good company, very good option for entry level student to learn. The… Cons: people work inefficient, since the company is too big, you will find you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!