It is a friendly environment that places a lot of value in loyalty.

I have been working at Grocers Supply

Pros

The co-workers are great. Benefits are very good. Considering the state of the economy, it feels like a stable place. They are bringing some new management in and they have some good ideas.

Cons

Some people have spent their whole working life there and are not very open to new ideas. They would prefer the newer people to adjust to "their way" instead of being open to hearing how some things good be done differently.

It would be nice if there could be more information available about what is going on in the company, with our customers and with competition.

Other Reviews for Grocers Supply

Watch out for the cliques

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Grocers Supply

Pros

Stable company, been around 85+ years. Somewhat recession resistant. Currently transitioning from Family-run to Professionally managed company (although will be rough for a few years)

Cons

Senior Staff very tenured, and stuck in their own way of doing things. I don't know how many times I've been told "that's they way we've always done it." Some divisions are run very well, others try to make themselves look good , by bashing (very counter-productive) other functions. They don't like change...

More open communication will allow those under the VP level to help improve the business. Need to try to train some current employees to get promoted when the VPs start retiring.

Good Company gone bad.

I have been working at Grocers Supply

Pros

Good salary, good benefits and a lot of hours and overtime.

Cons

Very old equipment (forklifts, selector's machines, cushmans) most of the time they are in the mechanic shop.
    We don't know what time we get off work, some people work 8 hours while some others stay for more than 10.
    They change some work rules without letting us know sometimes,and just because they say that is too much paperwork and time consuming, like trading days.

Need to hear what their employees need to say or change and fix things that are not right.
    They need to remember that Selectors and Forklift operators work on production and against the clock, if they going to add tasks to the assigments they need to add extra time for it, because when they design the ssystem,about 20 years ago, I don't think they thought about all this new rules and details like cleaning and safety.They need to revise the time and again and add all the time they need to keep the warehouse like they want.

There are newer employer reviews for Grocers Supply.

Worked for Grocers Supply? Contribute to the Community!