Guess?

www.guess.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

I was told to babysit the associates and not to put too much pressure on them or they would leave.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lawrenceville, GA (US)
Former Employee - Store Manager in Lawrenceville, GA (US)

I worked at Guess?

Pros

The name brand is the best catch
The music pumps you up

Cons

If you have the wrong DM, you will be a failure. Dont listen to them if you know better.

In the Atlanta market its the worst. They dont believe in pushing associates . The direction from the DMs are inconsistent and two faced. When things go bad, even though its DM advice,they retract their verbal direction...at the wrong time and make it look like it was your idea.

357 Other Employee Reviews for Guess? (View Most Recent)

Amazing until management switch

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Guess?

Pros

It is usually like a family! They really help you out to try to do well. They really believe in giving you new and important information about the company.

Cons

It is very sales based. Your number of hours are based on the previous week's SPH. If you are a top performer every week and one week you miss you, you get no hours!

The company is run very well. I understand we have an 'image' but it should not be the most important thing at our work.

Good place to work if your in High School.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Guess?

Pros

Working here as a full-time amployee you get great benefits, good employee discount, and better pay then most other retail stores.

Cons

Working with the management, is like being back in high school. It gets very cliqy, and there is a lot of fraternization among employees/managers. Associates are given hours based off of how well the store manager gets along with them, instead of how well they can sell a product. If your doing something well, it doens't get recognized unless your the managers' "buddy."

Hire well quailifed candadites for the position, rather than your best friend. Stop having parties or get togethers with your associates, and just manage to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Guess?

Work at Guess Share Your Experiences