Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

Great company to work for if you enjoy working hard and winning!

Project Manager (Current Employee)

Pros-Smart people that continually raise the bar and challenge you to raise it as well
-Great products that are winning over the industry
-Great culture and values that serve customers well
-Promotion from within (for the time being)
-At the end of the day, Guidewire will do the right thing.

Cons-As the company has grown there seems to be more passengers and less pilots. As with all companies, it will be a challenge to limit the passengers, turn them into pilots or get them to deplane.
-Work/life balance is difficult to maintain in the field and on the road, but the growth and success of the company makes it worthwhile for the time being.
-Hyper-growth is starting to occur which places less experienced people in management positions

Advice to Senior Management-Keep up the great work!
-Limit the passengers!
-Maintain promotion from within for management. Once you lose this, you will become like every other consulting company that is trying to sell services! If I were climbing a mountain, I would never hire a guide who has less experience than me nor would I want to follow one.

Internships at Guidewire are great!

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Foster City, CA (US)

I worked at Guidewire as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Everyone was extremely friendly to all of the interns, and all other new employees. I immediately felt comfortable talking to anyone, no matter what their… Cons: Sometimes policies, such as timesheets, were a bit confusing, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent company to work for

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very Collegial organization. Organization has extremely high integrity. Individuals are expected to deliver good and bad news both internally and externally and not… Cons: Lots of travel Size and growth may have a negative impact… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!