There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Decent Place to Work In College

Former Employee - Vendor Receiver/Scan Coordinator Backup  in  Chapel Hill, NC (US)
Former Employee - Vendor Receiver/Scan Coordinator Backup in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I worked at Harris Teeter part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay/hour, cooperative of scheduling conflicts, good coworkers

Cons

Bad work environment, bad hours to be working (24 hour store), frustrating scheduling system

Figure out a better system than manually changing signs overnight for 12 hours

420 Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter (View Most Recent)

Harris Teeter

Current Employee - Fresh Food Associate  in  Potomac, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Fresh Food Associate in Potomac, MD (US)

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time

Pros

10% off HT products for associates.

Cons

A lot of grueling physical labor.

Hire more quality associates to prevent current associates from getting over-worked and overwhelmed.

Catch 22 Rules

Current Employee - Fresh Foods/Deli-Bakery Customer Service Clerk  in  Woodbridge, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Fresh Foods/Deli-Bakery Customer Service Clerk in Woodbridge, VA (US)

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay is slightly higher than most grocery stores.
    The store has flexible hours.
    Not every Harris Teeter store treats you the same.

Cons

There are extremely high expectations that cannot be met especially when you have a multitude of customers and hardly any workers. Customers are definitely not always right. What is the point of having a sign telling what time we close if we have to get the item for the customer any way? i.e. If the slicers have been cleaned for the night the employee still has to re-soil it thus causing them to stay longer but then again we are not supposed to go over our hours which is a catch 22. Not to mention one of my fellow employees getting fussed at for telling a customer the sub bar was closed. We would like to go home too. We are people and not robots to where we get everything right. I forgot to ask 1 customer did they any other of our choice meats or cheeses and that becomes a big deal over the fact that I all my customers are satisfied with my work. They assume you do not ask everyone. In the end I go by my satisfied customer rather than these ridiculous rules. I feel like a little kid who is scared to do anything because I'm going to get into trouble.

Stop fussing at your workers when they get something wrong and use more positive ways to approach the situation. This is to the CEO, many of these rules are ridiculous and should be re-evaluated. If this company aims to keep great employees instead of just good they really need to change some of these rules. I personally feel like there is a great demand of work but never enough workers. Stop trying so hard to say your butt and money. It does not require that much effort to protect yourself. I’m asking please reevaluate!! Hiring new employees after losing them over these great expectations waste your money other than the fact that many of them simply quit. The Cons for Harris Teeter are basically all turning out to be the same.

There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!