Hastings Entertainment
www.gohastings.com Amarillo, TX 5000+ Employees

Good people, bad company

Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee)
Jefferson City, MO (US)

I worked at Hastings Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood discount, a lot of flexibility with schedule if you have a good manager

ConsAfter 10 years with the company I learned that it is all about your store manager. If you have a good manager, they do their best to shield their associates from the idiocy coming from the corporate offices. They also had a wage freeze in effect for about 3 years when I quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake smarter decisions, pay your people, and don't blame the little guys for the big guys mistakes. You can't cut labor back to nothing and still have everything get done.

Great entry level, awful long term

I have been working at Hastings Entertainment part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The products I work with are relevant to my interests, and there is a huge spread of products. The employee discount is mostly what keeps… Cons: The current district manager is so abrasive that all department managers stepped down or left completely, (those that stayed are still expected to do managerial… Advice to Senior Management: Stop demanding ever-increasing profits, memberships, rentals, sales, etc. There is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unrewarding

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)
Albuquerque, NM (US)

I worked at Hastings Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible with schedule for school. Fun overall atmosphere with… Cons: Wage freeze 3 years, non-noncompetitive pay, no employee recognition. Hard to move up in the organization. Unfulfilled promises in compensation. Corporate office lives in… Advice to Senior Management: Re-think your hiring and promotion criteria. Store and district level… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hastings Entertainment.

Worked for Hastings Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hastings Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hastings Entertainment CEO John H. Marmaduke. All reviews posted anonymously by Hastings Entertainment employees.