HauteLook

www.bit.ly

Fast growing company yet no room to advance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

Pros- Occasional catered lunches.
- Fast growing company means stability in a tough job market.
- Pretty good insurance packages
- More organized than other companies I've worked at
- A starter job that gets your foot in the door of fashion.
- Not a lot of overtime is needed overall.

Cons- Not much room for advancement. I'm not just speaking as a disgruntled former employee either, my team was close and honest with eachother about our concerns and we all wanted out.
- Nepotism runs rampant. People with less experience and skills will surpass you due to being hired by their friends. Honest hard work goes unrewarded.
- Pay is well below industry standards. I saw this as a fast growing startup with room for advancement so I overlooked it but they aren't a startup anymore and I like to think it's due to the hard work of people like me who had been there early helping the company take off. We all celebrated each round of investments we got with fake smiles, because employees don't see a dime of it outside of congratulatory cupcakes. We were bought by Nordstrom and still no change.
- High turnover rate. With the combination of low pay and no personal growth, people leave frequently. This also means that the company is mostly run by really young unaccomplished people.
- Vacation and sick time is not adequate.
- Work was boring and not fulfilling.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a company wide audit of salaries and actually measure them against industry standards. You'll see that you fall short.

You can be sure many of those 5star reviews are HL sponsored and not a sincere attempt to describe the true culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HauteLook

Pros: wish I could give 2 1/2 stars because its not the worst place to work. The people are generally nice. Straight 9-6 not a… Cons: Company was bought by Nordstrom and there was a level of unspoken tension about the acquisition that made the work environment a… Advice to Senior Management: hire, listen to and pay for talent No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place for experience, not career

Member Care Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at HauteLook

Pros: Not micro managed, very relaxed work environment and staff works well… Cons: Same work every day can get mundane, customers can be really… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HauteLook.

Worked for HauteLook? Contribute to the Community!