There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein

Good Opportunity, Hard Work

Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

Salary potential is good if you are smart and work hard and are lucky. Generally high integrity among employees. The company to work for in dental. Fantastic training. Schedule exibility if you have a family.

Cons

Lots of driving. Lack of respect for professionalism from customers sometimes being in sales.

137 Other Employee Reviews for Henry Schein (View Most Recent)

Looking for another job

Current Employee - Credit
    Current Employee - Credit

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

Benefits are excellent. People I work immediately with are wonderful.

Cons

No room for advancement. Very small pay increases. Management is a joke...very male chauvinist attitudes. Been there over 10 years and have 3 degrees and I am as far as I am going. The supervision doesn't even have college degrees, not even an A.S.

Would they care about our feedback? I think not...

Lots of politics, managers may be great but to corporate you're just a number.

I worked at Henry Schein

Pros

Great managers, they care about you and will go to bat for you as best they can. Benefits are really good, they never took away the 401(k) match, which even our Fidelity rep said was high. Premiums for benefits are going up but it's good coverage.

Cons

Managers have way too much on their plates and are given very few options o how to reward good employees. Somehow office politics are accepted as normal even though it effects the day-to-day work in the office and with surrounding branches. Your managers may appreciate you but in the end, to corporate you are just a number. They don't care about you as a person, and will do whatever is most convenient/easy for the rather than what may be best in the long term.
    Oh, and don't mention if you intend to start a family any time in the future, it's career advancement suicide.

Stop accepting politics as normal, do something about it. Politics can and will tear apart an office (think how many coworkers of specific people have moved on/left the company after dealing with them).
    To corporate, you talk a good talk but your walk sucks. You don't pay any attention to non-sales people who work in the branches and it trickles down to every employee trained. You hog-tie your workers by focusing so strongly on sales. Try following the Disney model and make it about the experience, quality and service in addition to sales. You have some great pieces in place but they aren't being used effectively.

There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein