Henry Schein
www.henryschein.com Melville, NY 5000+ Employees

FSC at Henry Schein

Dental Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time for more than a year

ProsSome autonomy, able to work in the field or from home. Potential for being a lucrative career, in time... Possibly a very long time.

ConsEarly on accounts can be taken away without notice, or stolen by veteran reps that have the office write letters to management asking for a change in representation - which management never questions. The training is extremely long and utterly useless, the information covered is random and vague and not indicative of the actual job. Oh, and it's a straight commission role, you aren't compensated for anything at all. It's not really a sales role, it's a relationship/account management role. But no matter what happens, or who sells something in a respective territory the FSC is responsible.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe DPAT isn't that great - raise your fees by a dollar, or buy some technology and hope it creates new business is what it should be called.

Shallow pockets with a lot of expectations

Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible schedule, proactive training, some exclusive relationships with suprior products Cons: Poor compensation and expense reimbursement, conflicting management values, impossible to make make money with diminishing margins, saturating territories with reps which make it… Advice to Senior Management: Start offering some compensation for expenses related to this position. Times have changed- have successful reps that are currently in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Was recruited, but 2 years later my job was moved t the US

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (Canada)

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - lots of HR support - competetive renumeration and bonuses - pleasant… Cons: - lack of Canadian job security Advice to Senior Management: - allow more autonomy to the Canadian management team No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Henry Schein.

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Henry Schein reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Henry Schein CEO Stanley M. Bergman. All reviews posted anonymously by Henry Schein employees.