There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller

A pretty great place to work

I worked at Herman Miller

Pros

Wonderful Workspace - furniture, amenities, cafeteria
Good Work/Life Balance - for those who work in the office anyway
Focus on Quality - truly, all employees have a passion to produce the best product

Cons

Downward Communication - much of it feels like non-executives are lucky to be given information, as if management is doing a favor by communicating outside of their offices
Mysterious Selection - as in lots of companies, how promotions or eliminations are decided seems to be a mystery

Keep up the good work in keeping the company going through this economic downturn, Keep communication coming in a more authentic, honest way and before the press gets it.

68 Other Employee Reviews for Herman Miller (View Most Recent)

Just not the right industry for me

I worked at Herman Miller

Pros

Very reputable company. People are treated with respect, and dignity. The present times that we are looking at leads to a great sense of teamwork and pride in the job well done. When the economy turns around We as a company will be in great financial shape and still have that sense of pride and determination to satisfy our customers with whatever it takes.
    Its always nice being employed by the 800 lb gorilla in the room. People recognize Herman Miller and give the company the respect it deserves. Also just by being a Herman Miller Rep you can attract business.

Cons

More overtime than you know what to do with, management doesn't like to give credit where credit is due.
    If you have an idea that achieves a particular goal, management treats you like its part of the job and most of the time a thank you is not even considered. Career advancement is an actual problem because Middle Management gets good people in the positions that they want them in and you kinda get "stuck".
    Communications are on a once a month basis With Middle management , and once a quarter with someone in a Senior management position. These comunications relate to little more than Management speak for "we are in good shape".

Well done....i have no hard feelings it just wasnt the job for me.

A strong Company in a weak economy.

Current Employee - Technical Machine Operator in Spring Lake, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Machine Operator in Spring Lake, MI (US)

I have been working at Herman Miller

Pros

Safety and Quality are our number one priority, while being a key player in the office furniture industry.
    We are ISO registered for quality and environmental, While also participating in State programs for safety.
    All of this leads to a great working family.

Cons

Great job on guideing this company through a very rough economy, and setting us up for success in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller