There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment

Sweet place to work depending on where at in the company you are

Former Employee - Worked At the Hotel Hershey  in  Hershey, PA (US)
Former Employee - Worked At the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA (US)

I worked at Hershey Entertainment

Pros

GREAT discounts! Such as getting into the park for free, discounts at pretty much anything HERCO related (hotel spa, hotel rooms, dining, entertainment). I even received free concert tickets for showing my ID once. You also get to meet some great people that work and stay there. Hard work is usually recognized once management begins to notice you after a little while.

Cons

In the summer it gets really hectic, especially with little kids running around everywhere. And after the summer, they don't always guarantee you the hours you might want or shifts you can't work (why I stopped working there... they repeatedly scheduled me when they knew I had classes and then told me I had to find someone to work for me and it was my problem)

I don't know?

37 Other Employee Reviews for Hershey Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Worked for Hershey

Former Employee - Reservations  in  Hershey, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Reservations in Hershey, PA (US)

I worked at Hershey Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros

They treated the employees well, had lunchrooms with complimentary soda fountains as well as rooms for breastfeeding mothers.

Cons

hard to advance, typically good place

n/a

Hersheypark treatment of employees has gone downhill fast. I would not let my teen work here.

Current Employee - Food Service  in  Hershey, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Food Service in Hershey, PA (US)

I have been working at Hershey Entertainment part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free park tickets
    My immediate supervisors are great

Cons

Poor treatment of employees
    If you are over 18, they will work you to death and not pay OT
    The high level management is only concerned with money.

I have worked part-time for Hershey Park since the mid-1990s. I started in high school, continued in college, grad-school, and now I work limited hours for some extra cash. When I started as a teen employees were treated well, we even got a Christmas bonus based on the number of hours you worked. This ended and when I was in college they paid us bonus pay for working late season. At some point that ended too.

I work in food service, and we used to get an employee meal, which at various times was free (limited menu) or something we could purchase at half price, both were very fair policies- as its very hard to impossible to take an actual break- anyone in the restaurant will tell you how difficult it is to just clock out for half an hour for lunch, so you take 5-10 minutes at closing or during a slow period, to eat a sandwich. Then suddenly this year, if you want to eat, you have to walk to clock out, then another long walk to the employee cafe, or you can pack and lunch and keep it in your locker (IF you have one, gross!) you spend the majority of your break time walking- so if you are over 18, you don't take a break and work hungry.

Also the parking/clock in situation is a mess. There is not enough parking for employees. Additionally, I have an almost mile walk from my car, to the clock in station, to my work station. (sometimes over a mile, I use a fitness watch). They make everyone.. Minors and adults clock in at clocks with assigned workers.. I get they did this to deal with child labor law issues, but then make this policy JUST for minors. I have had to wait in line, at times up to 15 minutes just to clock in, so before my shift even begins, I have to fight for parking, wait in line just to clock in, and walk a mile.. Not hershey park happy.

Also the one perk, getting free Hershey Park tickets, was recently made more difficult this year. It used to be you could have your checks mailed to you, and if it was a ticket distribution date they would mail your tickets with your check- a huge convenience for someone like myself who works full time. However this year, we are now required to physically go to the park and pick up the tickets.. Which wouldn't be bad if you work hours which match the pickup times, however this summer I found myself going out of my way all but one pay day, just to pick up the tickets- (adding to the parking/traffic/ greenhouse gas problem)

Also lets talk about the point based call off system. You can receive points (1 point) if you clock in 5 minutes late, I am a good employee, and received maybe 8 points total throughout my 15+ years at the park. This year I was stuck in some traffic, and after fighting for parking and walking almost half a mile to the clock in station, I clocked in maybe 10 minutes late- i received 1 point, certainly not enough to impact my record, however I wish they would have some gray area. Also they have a policy where if you are sick and provide a doctors note, some of your points will be removed, but not ALL. I have never been impacted by this policy, but I don't understand why Hershey will not remove ALL points with a doctors note? Do you want your ride operator's and food service workers working sick?

Hershey- your employees are angry, tired, hungry, working while sick, and not fairly compensated. How long do you think it will be until this impacts customer service? You are too focused on money and could care less about the treatment of employees- you forgot that Hershey Park was originally a gift TO Milton S Hersehy's beloved employees and town.
    You are losing long-term dedicated employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment

Worked for Hershey Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!