Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Orlando, FL (US)
Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

MT to ABM in 4 months.

Cons

Rapid promotions are because the job sucks. I was the assistant branch manager of a branch that grossed over $2 million in revenue a year. I made $11.79/hr. See the problem here? They expect you to give everything you got, including your first born.

Give the tools needed to those that actually get the job done. Telling customers we have cars when that is a flat lie is absurd.

1775 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

This company exploits its employees.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-You will gain the abilities to multitask and cope with constant stressful situations.
    -If you get promoted it looks good on your resume.
    -The use of a company vehicle and free gas if you reach the ranks of management.

Cons

-The amount of hours you work per week are sickening. Usually 50 to 60 hours a week, 11 hours a day, and to top it off, breaks do not exist. I have worked straight 11 hour shifts with no room to breathe.
    -The pay is not sustainable and a total joke. The company wants the best people, but the company pays and treats their people like they are the worst. The pay is only $10 an hour with no bonus payouts. Their idea of a bonus is for you to not get written up at the end of the month.
    -Management above the area manager has no clue what is going on the branch level.
    -Sales driven atmosphere. You could be the smartest, most intelligent being on earth providing outstanding customer service, great business ideas, wonderful work ethics, and be a great motivator but the company won't recognize it because you are employee #123456 would sold this much insurance on this month during this quarter.
    -NO RESPECT
    -Turnover is very high, I was promoted because there were no employees left at the branch.
    -Short staffed branches lead to constant customer service failures.

You guys need to make some major changes. I used to work hard for you guys but I have given up over the past few months because I have realized my hard work and contributions do not get recognized and do not pay off with this company. Hertz needs a new CEO.

What a let down, I believed in it and was let down

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well known, global company that is financially strong

Cons

Used to be the best.....senior management is out of touch

Pay the people who do the work and give them resources

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz