Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Upper management has totally lost site that the people in the trenchs are the money makers and need to be supported.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People you work with are great. I have built some long lasting relationships.

Cons

Don't expect to get a raise without fighting for it. Any training you take will not be approved unless it relates to your current position.

The stock holders pay your check but the people in the trenches are the ones building the networks, servers and workstations that make the stock go up. So please remember us when you get a big bonus.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Grew personally as a sales professional but lack of clear direction hurt business growth.

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great group of people to work with in a team selling environment. People love the company and are willing to put in the hours to help win new client logos or expand existing business relationships.

Cons

Management was focused on cutting costs. R&D was greatly impacted by this lack of long term vision and now HP trails many of their competitors and are in declining markets they once led (see Tablet growth vs. declining PC sales). Have focused way too much on hardware and have let Software/Services trail other key competitors (see IBM).

The company has lost direction, employee morale is at it lowest levels and you need to get back to listening to the field as well as your largest clients.

I have worked on and for HP for many years and so far it has been the best company I had worked with

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company usually nurtures entrepreneurs that dare to go forth. And the community will help all to make feel welcome and free to develop. And I have always think of HP as the "Ferrari" of the industry, and could do better on the future.

Cons

I found that the business tend to keep segmented views of the company instead of an unified view to approach the business for the whole company and people to gain. Not only the limited segment of one part. In words of a former Chairman "IF only HP knew what HP knows" it will be really unstoppable bringing the technology to the house and business users.

Training is a key factor and those that have capacity to really develop the business need to be guided to learn - test and then develop to deliver the next generation of best actions. I tend to see that many just try to cover the bases while actual capacity is not taken in account where its required.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!