Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

A company with great people and great products

Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Vancouver, WA (US)
Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Vancouver, WA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, family friendly, wide range of opportunities, many opportunities for growth, amazing people. Our products are very cool, our process is very fast, it's amazing what we do on a daily basis. I really LOVE it here and everyone I work with!

Cons

Having a tough time with our rapid CEO cycling and direction changes. New site in Vancouver is rather cramped and difficult at times to really spread out.

Think outside the box. We need to innovate new disruptive technologies. Printers and PCs have become commodity, smartphones and tablets are the new normal we need to think of new ways to cater to the new market. We need more patience and a longer attention span for developing new goods and services.

9295 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Account Coodinator

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The co-workers was fine and easy to get along with...

Cons

I had too many bosses and there only hire contracts and temps...so there always hiring and firing people.

People are treated as an unnecessary evil. There talent is not considered and high salaries are the first people cut.

Current Employee - Customer Project/Program Manager III in Pontiac, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Project/Program Manager III in Pontiac, MI (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Was able to work with little restriction and therefore develop a simple theory rapid delivery organization.

Cons

Main emphasis appears to be to unemploy the American worker and higher less than qualified off-shore workers, even though the ratio is multiple off-shore to one US employee for productivity. Delivery to the customer does not invoke, accuracy or performance of software and services. Quality has been replaced by cheap labor.

Realize with more professional and qualified personnel, the performance of the deliverables is more accurate and consistant. Also, when interpertation of the specifications must be done on-shore then hand fed and continually redefined for accurate delivery off-shore there is a significant loss in profit and customer satisfication. The delivery takes longer and has more deficiences.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard