Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

With the size and resources available HP has the potential to be more innovative and sucessful.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Pontiac, MI (US)
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Pontiac, MI (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People and work ethic of the Enterpise Service Division. Flexible Work from Home arrangement. Dynamic work environment. Global based company. Opportunities to service many interesting industries.

Cons

Tools and Process not effective. Lack of career advancement opportunities. Recognition and rewards to employees. Lack of decision and execution of a plan that would address key issues like improvement of Tools and Process.

Decide on best practices regarding common tools and processes and provide career advancement opportunities to employees.

9141 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

12 years wasted

Former Employee - Engineering Program Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Engineering Program Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The individual contributors truly care about the customer and each other. Flexible work hours is a definite plus and the name really helps on the resume. HP is a stepping stone company to a better place.

Cons

Management only looks out for them self and refuses to acknowledge anything is wrong with the HP corporate culture. Constant changes in reporting structure make it impossible to obtain a meaningful review.

Never forget about how your actions and refusal to acknowledge issues affects others.

A company with great people and great products

Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Vancouver, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Vancouver, WA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, family friendly, wide range of opportunities, many opportunities for growth, amazing people. Our products are very cool, our process is very fast, it's amazing what we do on a daily basis. I really LOVE it here and everyone I work with!

Cons

Having a tough time with our rapid CEO cycling and direction changes. New site in Vancouver is rather cramped and difficult at times to really spread out.

Think outside the box. We need to innovate new disruptive technologies. Printers and PCs have become commodity, smartphones and tablets are the new normal we need to think of new ways to cater to the new market. We need more patience and a longer attention span for developing new goods and services.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard