Hewlett-Packard

Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

8798 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

A sad decline in putting profits & the shareholders above all else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

An imagined kudos of working for a great IT company.

Cons

I'm not sure HP is leading that much innovation right now.
    There is a slow drip, drip of the removal of all that was good... flexibility (Now you MUST be in the office), a great pension (slowly being eroded) etc
    Permanent pay cuts but huge exec compensations.

Just a little more than pretending you care about employees would help... we're not stupid!

HP - Big MNC..sounds good..but no longer a great place to work in

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Big organisation that covers product portfolio from servers, software, computers to solution. It gives more opportunities for ones to explore in varies function and business groups.

Cons

Main focus now is to cut cost. No more human touch, no more benefits, no more work life balances.. too many mid night telcon. Low pay, freeze increament, no bouns... Each qtr results shows growth..but still can't account for pay rise ..

we need to be more innovative in our products to generate a huge sales...like APPLE....

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!