Hewlett-Packard

Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

9447 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Just OK

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Legacy of HP way. Smart, caring, team-oriented people. Reasonable salary. Satisfying work. Global reach. Brand recognition on resume. Location in Northwest.

Cons

Layoffs. Erroding total compensation (benefits cut, vacation hours trimmed, company performance dependent variable 401k matching). Way too much work. Upper management's lack of care for people.

Develop a strategy and stick to it - way too many starts and stops. We've walked away from incredibly attractive business opportunities, then decided years later to go back again, after losing out on being in a position to drive the market.

From the garage to the boardroom

Current Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP is a market leader is most of it's product categories. It offers a great place to start , good support levels gives a new person a good chance succes

Cons

Cuts, cuts, cuts more focus on internal costs than people. Even if the company does well financialy it still looks at the easy way to increase profitability (people and benefits)

People were the greatest asset of the company and management should take time to value, foster and reward the people that not only increase revenenu but those who help the customer

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard