Hewlett-Packard

Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

9091 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities for a broad range of technology work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allerød (Denmark)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allerød (Denmark)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Exciting Projects, Broad range of technology and service solution areas. Great colleagues who are helpful in any way possible. Good food

Cons

Consultants are not rewarded for the huge amount of work they put in everyday.
    Not much support from the business unless it involves sales

In order to increase performance of the consulting business sales personnel need to measured on consulting sales otherwise they have no reason to focus on it.

A useful starting point for a career - but don't stay.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good place to start for recent college grads. Use it for experience then move on quickly.

Cons

Less than average benefits package.
    Micromanagement encouraged by all levels of management.
    Presumed incompetence by leadership of those who report to them.
    Lack of trust everywhere.

Stop treating employees like they are idiots. Trust your employees to get the job done, and reward accordingly. Eliminate all the poor leaders at your mid and upper mid tiers of management. Some VPs need to go too. Beware of the false leaders - those who put on a good show, then whip their people behind the scenes. This is a rampant problem at HP.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard