HP Joins the Grade B Companies working culture

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good place to learn on your own, costlier trainings are provided based on business needs

Cons

Less benifits
lower compensation
HP is trying to lure investor with all its cuts and reductions, however, it wont go for long as the product does not run company, its the good people

Advice to Management

well, agree that there was recession, however, there are companies who fought back and giving the employees what they deservs.

reviews filtered by
  1. Perfect Storm

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Professional environment, independence, self-directed work, ownership of results. Big push to convert employees to teleworkers.

Cons

HP Enterprise Services is in the middle of submitting its employees to the "perfect storm" of tough times. The combination of the economy, overseas outsourcing, and the aquisition of EDS, have all combined to make big layoffs inevitable. Big push to convert employees to teleworkers. Cost cutting environment is oppressive. I manage a multi-million dollar project and my company, one that makes printers, will not buy me a printer for my office.

Advice to Management

Recognize the value that a PM with a long track record of dependable performance and great communication skills, and promote the heck out of that person. Don't nickle-and-dime them with cost cuts; give them some hardware perks for working for HP; a home office setup and mobile service. Make them proud to be a PM for HP, getting stuff done.

2. Hewlett-Packard review

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good company to work for. Great career growth opportunities. the Company has a good reputation in the market place which is good when you want to move out.

Cons

Salaries are not comparable with the industry. at times you almost feel insignificant, which is probably true at most large companies.

Advice to Management

Offer better compensation if you want to retain your employees. Once the market bounces back, the retention rate will inevitably drop.