Home Instead
www.homeinstead.com Omaha, NE 50 to 149 Employees

Fulfilling, but can be exhausting.

Caregiver (Current Employee)
Martinsburg, WV (US)

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

ProsI work for an excellent office staff (Martinsburg, WV), employees are recognized for hard work regularly. They are very accommodating and notice the little things. Never have I worked for a company so connected with its employees, sending cards for every holiday, even a sympathy card after I had to put my fur baby to sleep. These little things mean a lot in this kind of work, and makes you feel like a valued member of this team.

ConsThe downside has nothing to do with the company, but with this line of work in general. I believe it takes a special kind of person to do this work, and it's easy to get burned out if you aren't careful.

A team atmosphere with a lot of praise and rewards for being a team player.

Personal Care AIde (Current Employee)
Carson City, NV (US)

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for less than a year

Pros: Ability to meet the needs of elderly and their loved ones. A feeling of making a… Cons: A lot of travel and wear and tear on your vehicle. Sometimes the hours are… Advice to Senior Management: Arrange appointments so that the down time is not so far between that it kills… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Staffing Coordinator

Staff Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Home Instead full-time for less than a year

Pros: They provide a great service to seniors that want to… Cons: I agree with the Chicago posting in 11/2012, if that review had been posted before I accepted the same position in another state, I… Advice to Senior Management: Look at what is really required of this position and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Home Instead.

Worked for Home Instead? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Instead reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Home Instead CEO Paul Hogan. All reviews posted anonymously by Home Instead employees.