Home Instead Senior Care

www.homeinstead.com
  www.homeinstead.com
There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Fulfilling, but can be exhausting.

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Martinsburg, WV (US)
Current Employee - Caregiver in Martinsburg, WV (US)

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

I work for an excellent office staff (Martinsburg, WV), employees are recognized for hard work regularly. They are very accommodating and notice the little things. Never have I worked for a company so connected with its employees, sending cards for every holiday, even a sympathy card after I had to put my fur baby to sleep. These little things mean a lot in this kind of work, and makes you feel like a valued member of this team.

Cons

The downside has nothing to do with the company, but with this line of work in general. I believe it takes a special kind of person to do this work, and it's easy to get burned out if you aren't careful.

210 Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care (View Most Recent)

A team atmosphere with a lot of praise and rewards for being a team player.

Current Employee - Personal Care Aide  in  Carson City, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Personal Care Aide in Carson City, NV (US)

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to meet the needs of elderly and their loved ones. A feeling of making a difference. Satisfaction when the clients are happy with a job well done and voice the gratitude.

Cons

A lot of travel and wear and tear on your vehicle. Sometimes the hours are not as many as I would like. The cost of gas cuts into the paycheck.

Arrange appointments so that the down time is not so far between that it kills off your day. Split shifts are not enough hours to keep good employees around.

Disorganized, disrespectful of employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lynchburg, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA (US)

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, meet few families you would like to see on a regular basis

Cons

Phone calls of an insane amount, too much pressure on caregivers, does not listen to the employees, pressuring employees into shifts when employees clearly says their availability and where/with who they want to work

Do not continue to ignore employees when you are suppose to respect them. Do not pressure people into things they are uncomfortable with. Do not discipline or dismiss employees on unfair, unsafe, disrespectful grounds that have nothing to do with their job expectations but on personal opinion.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!