Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

This used to be an excellent place to work until it changed from IBC to Wonder Bread

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Peoria, IL (US)

ProsThe pay is somewhat driven by performance. However, there is room for improvement. Putting District Managers on a set salary I feel was a mistake. It made people lazy.

ConsThere isnt enough room to list them all. District managers are like people who are being drawn and quartered. They are pulled from 4 directions. Upper Management, Route Sales, Customers, & Their Families.It's become a basic rule that DSM's are considered at the end of their management career now. Upper Management has little respect for them and doesn't want to give them the training or the opportunities to succeed. The old IBC was an excellent place to work. You worked HARD, but you were respected and compensated well for your work. The New IBC (ran by a rag tag collection of Continental people and Ripplewood picks who know nothing about the baking business) Shows no respect, offers no advancement opportunities, and does not compensate based on performance.

Advice to Senior Management#1 - Get rid of the Union. #2 invest in training. Not just a 1 day seminar and then they go back to running routes everyday so they forget what they've learned. Give them the manpower to effectivly manage their own operation. A good DSM can generate more than enough growth through his people if he is left to manage instead of on a route every week. #3 Respect your people. Good people will work hard and have pride in their work if you respect them. Ask any successful senior manager and he will tell you the same.

all down hill since we got a new distric manager

Lead Clerk (Current Employee) West Mifflin, PA (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros: pay - customers are wonderful Cons: no job security unfair labor practice - if your not a friend of the dm management needs walk our walk befor they pass judgement the fact… Advice to Senior Management: if i was doing your job i would of already been fired for not making… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

in hell just waiting to get out of the fire so life can begin again,at this point anywhere would be better

Line Catcher (Current Employee) Emporia, KS (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros: retirement,and if this was not in the next 5 years I… Cons: management is made up of lazy people screwing people just to make there jobs easier and to get there friends in jobs that they dont… Advice to Senior Management: you need to come in to the emporia plant and don't just take there word about what they do or don't do, but spend time… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hostess Brands.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!