all down hill since we got a new distric manager

Current Employee - Lead Clerk  in  West Mifflin, PA (US)
Current Employee - Lead Clerk in West Mifflin, PA (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

pay - customers are wonderful

Cons

no job security
unfair labor practice - if your not a friend of the dm
management needs walk our walk befor they pass judgement
the fact that they are no longer paying our pention and no one is forcing them to
that was part of our contract, it was a raise we were saving for our future where is that money the union told me if i want it i would have to get a attorney

if i was doing your job i would of already been fired for not making my numbers
now its your turn step down you don't know how to meet your numbers

Other Reviews for Hostess Brands

in hell just waiting to get out of the fire so life can begin again,at this point anywhere would be better

Current Employee - Line Catcher  in  Emporia, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Line Catcher in Emporia, KS (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

retirement,and if this was not in the next 5 years I might just shoot myself.But I wouldn't give them the sadisfaction!

Cons

management is made up of lazy people screwing people just to make there jobs easier and to get there friends in jobs that they dont deserve.Working splite days off, odd hours even working the alot of the holidays and always working the weekends unless you are part of the good ol'boy system that management has created.Never being able to go to speical events,take part in school fuctions with your kids because you either have to go to work or get up so early,and friends for get doing anything with them because they have normal jobs. Not one that makes there life so messed up beause every week your days are split and your days off change unless your are part of the good OL'boy club and its only because management can do it and laugh about it for the most part.

you need to come in to the emporia plant and don't just take there word about what they do or don't do, but spend time there find out what they actually do over time then save some money by cutting there payroll and stop cutting jobs or combineing jobs for us the ones that make them look good but keep gettting screwed.

Hostess Brands could be compared to the Titanic after it struck the icberg.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Salary and benefits are better than most comparable positions with other companies.

Cons

The company has hired so many people from the outside for upper management that we are top heavy. The new people do not understand the business and they have made one bad decision after another. They have held meetings asking the employees what needs to be done to turn the company around and they end up doing the opposite. In an effort to justify the cost of hiring more upper management they have been laying off the people on the front lines doing all the work which squeezes middle management to pick up the slack. They have eliminated positions without thinking of who was to do the work so the few of us who once cared, had to scramble to cover the workload even though it wasn't related to our job. The company is so inefficient now, It takes weeks to get things done that used to be done in just a few minutes. Now they are going to close most of the offices and outsource the work overseas. The morale is very low with most expecting impending doom for the company.

The company needs to eliminate the current inefficient structure and go back to the same structure it had when it made money. The routes will have to be sold.

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!