Hostess Brands
www.hostessbrands.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

work life of a salesman

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood people to work with. The pay is fairly good. The benefits (for now) are alright. Immediate supervision is decent.

ConsLong hours and dealing with a lot of people who maybe shouldn't have been placed in a position of authority. Second bankruptcy for the company since I've been with them. Doesn't look like we'll survive this one.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the bankruptcy situation resolved. Whichever way it goes is preferable to going months on end not knowing if the doors will be locked the next day you come in.

Slave Drivers who don't give you a fair chance to learn the job

Production (Former Employee)

I worked at Hostess Brands as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: The pay is decent. From what I heard there's plenty… Cons: Some of the trainers I had were nice but others acted as if you should already know how to do the job. They scheduled me… Advice to Senior Management: Develop better training methods with specific people to be trainers who aren't so arrogant they forget that they had to learn how to do the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

On balance, it has been a good company over my 30 years.

Shiping (Current Employee)
Hodgkins, IL (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very good pay for unskilled labor. Good benefits. Cons: Inept management which has lead to our 2 bk's in… Advice to Senior Management: Close all the thrift stores. Close and consolidate bakeries. Cut bakery management in half. Eliminate varieties that do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hostess Brands.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hostess Brands reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hostess Brands CEO Gregory F. Rayburn. All reviews posted anonymously by Hostess Brands employees.