There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

All training is on-the-job, and most open positions are given to external candidates.

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Opportunities available for those with little or no education. Good benefits are available.

Cons

There are not many opportunities to advance in the bakeries, and most professional jobs are at the corporate level.

Develop talent, and pay for performance.

113 Other Employee Reviews for Hostess Brands (View Most Recent)

Every division and department is different

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

Many long term employees with lots of knowledge. If you were around before or during the bankruptcy, you earned your stripes! Many are open to discussion - they may not agree, but are open to discussion.

Cons

We are too short term focused, especially in the field. Some field divisions its never good enough. You hit a home run, and they ask why the bases were not loaded first? Some still live in the past, during the glory years.

Field politics and protecting one's own are limiting the success that Hostess could have. Last round of layoffs pushed out some good people, who were cut because of politics, not because of work quality.

I have been with the company for almost 21 years and in the past five years the company has went down so fast

Current Employee - Shipping  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Shipping in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros

It is a steady income and provided insurance.

Cons

The new upper management is clueless as to how a bakery should run, Our plant has lost so many good people due to corp, choices.

start compensating your employees for their time. Your management team does not enjoy 70 hours a week with no compensation. you make the bucks so should they!

There are newer employer reviews for Hostess Brands

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!