Hostess Brands

www.hostessbrands.com

Forget your personal life

Route Sales (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay and good benefits. Upper management was supportive and personable.

ConsTypical day began around 4 am and ended around 3-4 pm. The pay is ok but when you consider the amount of hours put in it doesn't look so good.

Many of the other employees were nearing retirement and they looked beat up and broken from so many years of physial labor and long hours. May be a good job for a few years but not for a life long career.

When you are out on the road you are all alone. The trucks are old and very cold or hot depending on the time of year. Many of the receivers have no patients and look down upon you.

It can be difficult to figure out your order for the coming week let alone the coming month.

Deliveries should only be made 4 days a week. Most of the times, Fridays and Saturdays, the shelves were stocked and little needed to be put out. This resulted in a day where you were basically driving around for 9 hours straigtening shelves. For a week as long as it is, one more day off would be great.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew trucks are needed, and they should be equipped with radios. (it gets boring on the road)

All training is on-the-job, and most open positions are given to external candidates.

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros: Opportunities available for those with little or no education. Good… Cons: There are not many opportunities to advance in the bakeries,… Advice to Senior Management: Develop talent, and pay for performance. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Every division and department is different

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Hostess Brands

Pros: Many long term employees with lots of knowledge. If you were around before or during the bankruptcy, you… Cons: We are too short term focused, especially in the field. Some field divisions its never good enough. You hit a home… Advice to Senior Management: Field politics and protecting one's own are limiting the success that Hostess could have. Last round of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hostess Brands.

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!