Hyatt

www.hyatt.com
  www.hyatt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt

Makes you feel like a family every property you work at.

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Melbourne
Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Melbourne

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worldwide organisation with many properties around the world, so when travelling you can stay with a Hyatt property.

Cons

Big organisation an sometimes one will miss out on recognition.

682 Other Employee Reviews for Hyatt (View Most Recent)

Great Job if You Don't Mind Working Long Hours

Former Employee - Catering Manager
    Former Employee - Catering Manager

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great experience, lots of opportunity for promotions both within certain hotels or to move to various hotels across the world, great opportunities to work with an eclectic mix of people and backgrounds, they make a genuine effort to hire good people, Leadership for the most part was really nice and very open to helping those around them grow, they company believes in lots of little extra things like random gift handouts, parties all the time, etc. You can build up a lot of vacation and comp time (but who knows if you will be able to use it when you want).

Cons

turnover all the time making it impossible to ever stay on top of things, the hours are insane. Don't EVER calculate what you are making hourly if you are a salaried employee. You will hate your life. It is actually much more beneficial to be an hourly employee than salaried because your time is worth more that way. Also, on the Catering side of things, you sell and service instead of one or the other. I have never worked for the competition that splits it up, but I know doing both is exhausting.

Hire more people. They are losing good employees because they are overworked and have too much on their plate. I would have stayed if I thought there was a shot at work-life balance.

Front Desk-

Former Employee - Front Desk in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Hyatt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits- health insurance and deals with local companies, is great! The coworkers are great and the managers. They also offer a lot of opportunities for standing out among your peers and rewards for hard work.

Cons

The cons are pay and hours. The hospitality industry naturally has odd hours and you need to keep this in mind when starting most positions there, be prepared to work weekends and holidays! I also don't think the growth for pay is very limited.

I always believe financial incentives are always appreciated :)

There are newer employer reviews for Hyatt