IBM

www.ibm.com

Do not work there more then a few years, any longer will hurt your career.

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Proswork at home option, though that could be seen as a negative as could be working all hours of day and weekends

ConsThe pay was below market value, and either no raise, or 1 percent, well below inflation and cost of living. Bonus program not meaningful as well, so no incentive to exceed, as no reward in the end.

Moral is terrible, the people are good, just don't care as the life has been taken out of them. Company does not seem willing to try to increase it either, even the smallest things might help, but management would never get it approved if they wanted.

To difficult to focus on work, as company throws to many road blocks at employees, smallest change requires a lot of paperwork and process to get through.

To many new processes coming in, which are not properly implemented and poor tools. Process owners do not even understand the processes they are implementing.

Would not recommend to a person who wants a long term career with IBM, a few years is more then enough. Get some experience working on some projects or enterprise software and systems, and then move on. Anymore and you will be doing your career a disservice as no way to advance or even make enough to support your family over the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees, I went to a new place, that cares, and makes the world of difference. Work way harder then I have in the last 5 or 6 years at IBM and I love it. Small things make the difference. Also reexamine your Pay, as it is woefully low for technical people, and when the economy turns around, IBM might no longer be able to attract local people, as they struggle right now. Can't do everything from India.

Not the company it used to be.

Tape Drive Test Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Management is flexible with time off. Good work-life balance. Cons: No growth in the US, meaning no promotions and in a lot of cases no raises either. Pay is 1/3 less than rest of industry… Advice to Senior Management: Stop being stingy with the 2+ ratings. You need to start… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

IBM: mixed feelings

Sector Account Manager (Former Employee) Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: great products and great people Cons: Management is focussing on "earnings per share"; no a longterm… Advice to Senior Management: US driven; german Management has to fulfill what is decided… More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!