12061 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

My internship has provided opportunities to interact with management of one of America's largest organizations.

Current Employee - Coop  in  Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Coop in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at IBM as an intern for less than a year

Pros

IBM has a spectacular team. Everyone you work with is incredible. The company has an incomparable track record of innovation. The work/life balance is better than I've ever seen elsewhere. A lot of work can be done remotely.

Cons

With remote working, many people do not come into the office. This means you don't get to experience the excitement of a busy office or the physical company of your colleagues. If you thrive off human interaction in the work environment this could be considered a con.

Other Reviews for IBM

IT end-to-end solution for all industries

Current Employee - -  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - - in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*Magazines says IBM is the best leadership people developer, I agree.
    *Great place to gain experience and knowledge, from strategic consulting to infrastructure.

Cons

*Salary budget is vary among divisions, "upper class" division has competitive salary compared to competitors but the "lower class" division has very low budget and the employees there including the high performance ones are easily hijacked by competitors when just offered standard / proper amount of compensation.
    *New employee with the same band is "treated" more than existing employees who started working from lower band. Could lead to employee disloyalty.

Heavily need fixing on the compensation methodology, we already lost many good talents here.

Great work culture and opportunity

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Índia (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Índia (Brazil)

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent carrier growth options, work life balance, great culture and transparent atmosphere, equal opportunity.

Cons

Compensation level should be improved and employees from growth markets should get better opportunities and compensation hike.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!