There are newer employer reviews for IBM

My internship has provided opportunities to interact with management of one of America's largest organizations.

Current Intern - Coop in Washington, DC (US)
Current Intern - Coop in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at IBM as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

IBM has a spectacular team. Everyone you work with is incredible. The company has an incomparable track record of innovation. The work/life balance is better than I've ever seen elsewhere. A lot of work can be done remotely.

Cons

With remote working, many people do not come into the office. This means you don't get to experience the excitement of a busy office or the physical company of your colleagues. If you thrive off human interaction in the work environment this could be considered a con.

reviews filtered by
  1. IT end-to-end solution for all industries

Current Employee - - in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - - in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

*Magazines says IBM is the best leadership people developer, I agree.
    *Great place to gain experience and knowledge, from strategic consulting to infrastructure.

Cons

*Salary budget is vary among divisions, "upper class" division has competitive salary compared to competitors but the "lower class" division has very low budget and the employees there including the high performance ones are easily hijacked by competitors when just offered standard / proper amount of compensation.
    *New employee with the same band is "treated" more than existing employees who started working from lower band. Could lead to employee disloyalty.

Advice to Management

Heavily need fixing on the compensation methodology, we already lost many good talents here.

Very Polished and inhuman from core

Current Employee - Assistant Manager - Corporate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager - Corporate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot however the hirarchy is inhuman so you cannot cherish the good things

Cons

90% pathetic leaders which is spoiling the image of the company. A lot of internal nasty politics

Advice to Management

Leaders should get into all small things to sweep the garbage at all levels