IHS

www.ihs.com
  www.ihs.com
There are newer employer reviews for IHS

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at IHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with, very diverse work enviroment, not an old boys club. Full of characters from all over the world (young and old, many different cultures, languages and backgrounds),
 My immediate boss is great. Nice office enviroment in an upscale part of town. Bonus shares of stock vested after one year tied to company performance.

Cons

2 % wage increases, even though the company is reporting record profits. Healthcare plan has pleny of room for improvement. Big corporate company that has been buying up smalll informaiton companies like crazy; down side is those people who made in through the initial aquisition are too concerned with protecting their own turf, mainly in the sales department. Sales is carved up into fiefdoms that dont make product sense.

Eliminate some of those middle-manament from the upper end. Honestly the chain of bosses between me and the CEO in huge. I don't even have any interaction with many of the "managers" above me. My immediate supervisor is great. Pay the staff of analysts and data collectors better, they are the real value in this company.

260 Other Employee Reviews for IHS (View Most Recent)

1 year

Current Employee - Data Quality Analyst in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Data Quality Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good working nature at ihs

Cons

nothing downsides in ihs company

Good people, bad managers

I have been working at IHS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are generally good to work with. Working hours are not too excessive.

Cons

The management - low quality and lacking in initiative/common sense. The business is obsessed with maximising institutional shareholder value, which translates into aggressive cost-cutting and underinvestment in the frontline products. Too much form-filling and bureaucracy. Pointless and irrelevant training courses masquerading as 'career development'.

Wake up or your share options will become worthless.

There are newer employer reviews for IHS