There are newer employer reviews for IHS

IHS can be a great company to work for, if you are in the right position.

I worked at IHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some very smart people working on some truly amazing things.

Cons

The organization of the company is a bit schizophrenic. They do relatively frequent layoffs to "trim the fat". Not always ready to embrace new technology, which leaves them behind the curve.

245 Other Employee Reviews for IHS (View Most Recent)

Deeply unpleasant

I have been working at IHS

Pros

Intelligent hires and that is all that is good with the company at the moment

Cons

Multiethnic hires of bright minds - dominated by middle aged, white middle management. Kind of feels like slave times.

The thinly veiled right wing racist approach of the company is being seen for what it is: a shot at global credibility without actually having to be global in its cultural approach on the ground.

It's ok, but could be better. Seriously need to look to build people up and not constantly treat as excel lackeys.

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IHS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great source of information for petrochemicals. You can learn a substantial amount about petrochemical markets in my role.

Could prove valuable commercial experience for building a career within petrochemicals.

Cons

Very repetitive data mining type tasks. Basically you're going to spend 40 hrs a week in Excel, Powerpoint and Word. Have had very little external client contact etc:.

In my personal experience I've felt seniors could have done more to try and give me a range of experiences and to help me grow and progress forwards.

Get a graduate scheme instated. Look to try to build people up through the company and not treat them simply as an 'excel resource'.

There are newer employer reviews for IHS