Imperial Tobacco

www.imperial-tobacco.com
  www.imperial-tobacco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Imperial Tobacco

personal development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mechelen (Belgium)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechelen (Belgium)

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco

Pros

people development, constant change, individual contribution

Cons

post integration issues, short term vs long term

manage change, look at long term, focus on organisational growth

17 Other Employee Reviews for Imperial Tobacco (View Most Recent)

Une manière parfaite d’améliorer vos connaissances en RH – C’est une bonne société dans laquelle travailler The perfect way to improve your Knowledge in HR - This is a good company to work with

Current Employee - INTERNATIONAL Human Resources MANAGER  in  Paris (France)
    Current Employee - INTERNATIONAL Human Resources MANAGER in Paris (France)

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco

(Translated from English)

Pros

Un domaine professionnel très actif avec de bonnes opportunités de développer vos compétences.
    Exige un haut niveau de dévouement et de motivation.

A very active working area with a large opportunity to develop your competencies.

Need a hight level of dedication and proactivity

Cons

Quelquefois, le dévouement demandé et la façon dont il faut travailler -très rapidement et de manière rigoureuse- ne permettent pas un équilibre parfait entre vie professionnelle et personnelle.

Sometime this dedication and the way you need to work very quickly at a hight standard doesn't give you a perfect balance between professionnal life et personnal life.

L’équipe de Direction cherche constamment à optimiser le niveau de communication et le retour d’informations.

The Top management team is always looking to optimize the level of communication, and feedback

Definite pros and definite cons, depends on what you value out of your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Imperial Tobacco full-time

Pros

This review is for ITUK. They do look after their staff well - good salaries, with an above average pension package as well. The work is challenging, but really interesting and we work with some great big name brands and large customers, which obviously looks great on the c.v.! We have a lovely, new, modern office as well now (free gym, great cafe - delicious food!); the working environment I feel is a definite plus point. The vast majority of people I work with are great; I believe that people you work with can make or break a job. My particular manager is good: collaborative, open to debate and flexible.

Cons

This review is for ITUK. The life balance can be more tipped to the work side, especially as when people leave the company, they tend to not fill the gaps so you find yourself doing 2 jobs. Whilst the company values are in theory good, they are very americanised and as an organisation they better value people who talk the talk rather than those who get their job done. They also offer quite a range of training and personal development (pro), but you may struggle to find any time to attend these (con). There are a lot of people who are 'lifers' and don't realise that the way Imperial works it is not necessarily the way other companies work, so it can be difficult to implement positive changes.

It is widely acknowledged amongst employees that there is a fundamental lack of decision-making that comes from ITUK senior management. It takes far too long to get stuff signed off!

There are newer employer reviews for Imperial Tobacco

Worked for Imperial Tobacco? Contribute to the Community!