There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll-Rand

A satisfying and rewarding internship experience (Trane Commercial)

Former Employee - Logistics Intern  in  La Crosse, WI (US)
Former Employee - Logistics Intern in La Crosse, WI (US)

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

As an intern I received both credits at UW-La Crosse and monetary compensation for doing my job. The management group worked with me and used my experience in the skill set I already had, along with helping me in my databases class, which I was currently enrolled in. The company was very flexible about allowing time off for this position.

Cons

The lack of benefits for interns is understandable, but it would be nice if their child care compensation program was open to interns instead of just full-time workers. In my one year of internship, my department changed its name three times - I understand that going through a transition because a company bought you out may require shifts in structure. However, that was a little excessive, and confusing for transporters that we communicated with.

Update your legacy software to a current version. It's going to hurt due to all of the patches we've put on this version, but it will be less buggy for everyone involved in the long run.

369 Other Employee Reviews for Ingersoll-Rand (View Most Recent)

It went from okay, to unbearable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Roanoke, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA (US)

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

They offered plenty of training seminars, powerpoint presentations, and opportuntities to learn about subjects important to the company. The coworkers were really great as well.

Cons

Many employees are underpaid. Lack of meaningful communication from managers. Lack of support from management for allowing workers to "grow and perform".

Trane has lots of idealistic talk about how people should act towards each other and towards their work. However, it is not practiced. "Grow and serve" is mostly a joke when employees aren't given incentive.

IR Overall

I have been working at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

People, Work / Life Balance, the learning opportunities that are available, many locations to grow and choose between, Global opportunities

Cons

Internal movement can be difficult, internal pay increases are less than those from coming outside the company, lack of clear direction at times.

Put more focus into developing employees and advance their careers. Salary is an important aspect of growth, eliminate caps for internal employees

There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll-Rand

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!