Insight
www.insight.com Tempe, AZ 5000+ Employees

Please don't do it!

Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time

ProsI can't think of one right now.

ConsI've seen the reviews that you can come and go as you please, which is true for sales reps, but as for the rest of us it is sometimes an option but believe me, it comes with a huge price! It’s also not something you can do as you please or by any regular schedule. It’s given as perks sometimes for a questionable job well done, but please read on. The only way up is out! There is absolutely no training offered on career advancement or common ethical business practices. Pay cuts are not unusual and employees are under so much stress that leaves for stress related illness is a regular occurrence. It’s a rare occasion that I see a smile on the face of a corporate employee, they walk through the halls barely speaking to each other given the stressful environment; it's by far the grayest place I've ever worked!

Disastrous financial practices that need to be creatively shown to clients and the pressure is on employees to continue on with the same disastrous financial practices that got this company into hot water when they had to restate earnings not that long ago. If employees don't go along with Insight's sketchy approach to working with client funds they are threatened and harassed. Their method of creating invoices to increase stock prices up is deplorable! Insight has been trying to get on the Best Companies to Work For list and it makes me greatly concerned for anybody that would consider putting the required time and energy and huge risk of changing employment, relocation, etc., to become employed with this company!

The benefits might as well not be any at all! If you pay for the 'all the bells and whistles plan' that costs a bunch to be a part of, you'll soon come to find yourself with large suprising bills for things that most insurance plans cover. They're pushing to get everyone on the high deductible plan, but that offers in essence just coverage for huge problemsome medical issues. It's not a good plan for those who would like their familes to get regular wellness checks or basic illness treatment such as those for sinus infections, allergies, asthma, or even hurt limbs, etc.

In this job market, we cannot afford to not to be extremely careful with where we invest our time and our energy! Please, do yourself quite possibly the greatest favor of your life and seek employment with a company that cares about its employees and where your good energy and longevity will be rewarded not wasted!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake pride in Insight to make it an organization well worth changing jobs for!

Starting Job

Network Operations Technician (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learn Lots and good environment Cons: Overworked with Little Pay and hard to move up Advice to Senior Management: Give people more routes for advancement, and when someone deserves… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales and Service - two different silos

Engineer (Current Employee)
Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you are a remote Services employee, and work on a dedicated contract, the company leaves you… Cons: The company is more focused on Sales, and not so focused on Services. The few Sales people who are assigned to go out, find Services… Advice to Senior Management: If you are trying to expand Services share within the company, make sure you have your regions covered. If you have a rep assigned to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Insight.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insight CEO Kenneth T. Lamneck. All reviews posted anonymously by Insight employees.