Insurance Australia Group
www.iag.com.au Sydney, Australia 5000+ Employees

Doing a good job in a tough environment.

Head of Peformance & Reward (Current Employee)
Sydney

I have been working at Insurance Australia Group

ProsGood people, community / sustainability agenda, supportive of employees, good compensation and flexible work practices. The Company offers opportunities for career growth.

ConsTough time for insurance, poor financial results in 2008. Company is current in a significant period of change and is shifting to a decentralised model. Once this is completed, I expect we will move to a very positive outlook. QBE has been stalking the Group, so there is a possibility of a takeover in the next 12 to 18 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on getting the key things right and restoring the Group to solid profitability.

Not a bad place to work

Claim Advisor (Current Employee)
Christchurch (New Zealand)

I have been working at Insurance Australia Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly staff and Management. Adequate training and opportunities to further… Cons: Inflexibility with changing hours to a more suitable time. It… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Middle Management Great, Senior Management Useless

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Insurance Australia Group

Pros: Middle Management are very supportive Cons: Senior Management give no feedback as to direction, or if they do it… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the old boys club, staff morale is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Insurance Australia Group.

Worked for Insurance Australia Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insurance Australia Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insurance Australia Group CEO Mike Wilkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Insurance Australia Group employees.