J.B. Hunt
www.jbhunt.com Lowell, AR 5000+ Employees

Manage your business don't let it manage you

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat experience working with a vast array of different industries, good health insurance and benefits. Overall good training models, military friendly.

ConsCorp management is out of touch with region employees, great managers quit or are fired. Region OM's are less experienced than the people they manage. Good ol boy system is fully in place. Ideas are not welcomed, micro manage is the standard. Account managers are told to manage reports not their business. Not enough compensation for the hours of work you put in. Loves to hire military, however the leadership brought to the table by veterans is fostered.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based on experience, not whom you like better. Gain control of region VP's, and ensure they are leading by example. Don't be afraid to get rid of bad employees so that you retain the good ones.

They Have Huge Problems and no concern to fix them

DCS Driver (Former Employee)
Breinigsville, PA (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Lots of work at Least its a job Cons: Where do I start? Work and Life balance is terrible. They avoid paying for things like breakdowns. Often miss (avoid?) paying for extras like drop… Advice to Senior Management: Stop plugging in newbies in both management and driving force. The avoidance factor is unreal there. Fix problems, but more importantly start listening to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Management not properly placed

South Gate, CA (US)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time

Pros: Friendly environment, salary is competitive, access to industry leading tools. Cons: Employee manager lacks ability to be a leader, allows other junior employees to control and manipulate company rules and policy's.… Advice to Senior Management: Stand up and take charge. The same mistakes are repeated day after day. The same employee's continue with same daily company violations. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on J.B. Hunt.

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.B. Hunt reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J.B. Hunt CEO John N. Roberts III. All reviews posted anonymously by J.B. Hunt employees.