J. C. Penney

www.jcpenney.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

JCPenney

Former Employee - Warehouse in Fort Worth, TX (US)
Former Employee - Warehouse in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best company I ever worked for. Reason for leaving was that I moved.

Cons

Wasn't able to do 'on-the-job-training' as nuch as they said I would be able to.

2485 Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney (View Most Recent)

Love/Hate Relationship

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Sarasota, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Sarasota, FL (US)

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time (less than a year)

Pros

* Most employee's and managers are nice and easy to work with.
    * generous store discount.
    * understanding if a few minutes late.

Cons

* Difficult to make plans. Schedule is changed on a daily basis sometimes.
    * Expected to work over scheduled shift at last minutes notice, working 10+ hour shift.
    * Low pay / sometimes barley any hours
    * Very dirty store
    * Communication issues.
    * Was told at interview, "Hours are based on performance." Not true at all!

Quit making it difficult for employee's to have a life outside of work. There needs to be more communication between the managers, leaders, experts, cashiers, etc, etc..... Everyone needs to be on the same page about store standards. Recognize employees because they work hard not because of the credit apps they get.

Like Rome, all empires eventually fall.

Current Employee - Sephora Sales
    Current Employee - Sephora Sales

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great (most of them anyway). Misery loves company.
    The 25% discount.

Cons

I work at the Sephora inside JCP and we have to ask EVERY client; 1. "are you a beauty insider? Would you like to sign up for one? 2.We have an event next weekend, can I sign you up?(Sephora holds events almost every weekend. 3. Do you have a JCP credit card? would you like to sign up for one? 4. It says you're eligible for the jcp rewards points, would you like to sign up for that too? OH and #5. for the love of God, can you please take our survey!" It's is terrible and makes me want to run and hide when people are at the register. Ughh, how annoying it is to have to ask all that. I can only imagine being on the receiving end of the interrogation.
    Managers are constantly threatening cutting hours because we can't make last years figures, however they continue to hire more people. WOW!
    Loved the company when I first started and with all eyes on the company, I saw for myself what was happening and is continuing to happen. It's very sad.

Look, last years figures and this years figures are not going to compare when the company is going through major reorganization. A reorganization by a leader whose initiative was to cut titles, jobs & hours while expecting profits and "likability" to rise.
    As other commenters have said...please stop changing the rules every week and getting mad because we haven't been told about the 'new' rule yet, or can't keep straight which have changed or not.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney