JHM Hotels

www.jhmhotels.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for JHM Hotels

JHM - Marriott

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Charleston, SC (US)
Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at JHM Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company offers Health Insurance and benefits.

Cons

No Sick Pay - No Vacation days for hourly employees.

6 Other Employee Reviews for JHM Hotels (View Most Recent)

Cheap

I have been working at JHM Hotels

Pros

Since they franchise the big names, you don't get the benefits of the big names. Everything is about "budgeting". Over time is a big deal and god forbid you are one minute over. Pay is horrible and so are the benefits. Don't waste your time

Cons

Cheap and don't care about the employees

Horrible Experience

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at JHM Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company paid reasonably well for the position. They also had a good support system in place, with a knowledgeable IT department, HR Department, Revenue Management, etc.

Cons

To have high expectations is ok, but to set them at unreasonable levels is not. They fired 5 of my predecessors, as well as 4 of my successors, because they were not prodicing the results they were looking for. I gave my heart and soul to this property and yet was discarded as a piece of trash. The company did not re-invest any money into their properties.
    Instead of empowering their managers to run their properties and do what they are hired to do, the company micro-manages their managers, and prefers to turn them into paperpushers, and admins, just preparing report after report.

Keep properties updated in order to remain competitive in their markets. Replacing a GM is not the solution, especially when you finally find a GM who can turn the property around.

There are newer employer reviews for JHM Hotels