Jackson National Life

www.jackson.com
  www.jackson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jackson National Life

Great experiance and friendly staff

Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO (US)
Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Jackson National Life as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to move up within the company

Cons

The CEO is not engaging

N/A

120 Other Employee Reviews for Jackson National Life (View Most Recent)

Very disappointing, You either sink or swim - Every Man or Woman for themself - job stability, Iffy!!

Former Employee - Non Financial/Financial Processor in Franklin, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Non Financial/Financial Processor in Franklin, TN (US)

I worked at Jackson National Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice enviroment, nice cafeteria, good benefits..... That's It!!!

Cons

I started with the company when they first arrived in Franklin, TN. I was very exciting at the beginning..... had a lot of boosting and encouragement by the company at the beginnig when I started... There were a lot more people that came on board....as we grew, things continued to change. Different departments transferred to this location from Lansing, Business was booming even more.... I felt very secure and comfortable with the company I worked for, and was doing pretty good for a while. As things started to settle, a little.... things started to change even more.... Not for the good. I will say, its not what you know, it's who you know..... Team work? this is a thing of the past.....competition, YES! Trying to get use to your own job and having to learn 4 to 5 other jobs at the same time, very stressful. Tons of multi-tasking , I will say. As far as the pay, for all the work you have to do? I don't think so.... Not enough per hour. I also will say that I don't approve of how everyone's productivity is broadcasted in a report on everyone's daily work progress which i feel should be between the supervisor and the employee. If the productivy numbers aren't up to par, you get warnings, then write ups, then.... terminated. This company is very numbers driven..... I am no longer with the company by my own choice. It took me a while to actually want to talk about this and this is not a complaint.....nor am I being disgruntal. This is just from my experience and I hope and pray that no one else has to go thru this ..... I actually started my own business, and I am doing very very well with it and I am very happy now.

Shape up or ship out!!!

Good, Stable, and Friendly

Former Employee - Software Developer in Lansing, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Lansing, MI (US)

I worked at Jackson National Life full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are good at what you do, you will do very well here. The pay isn't the top of the market, but with the economy the way it is, who cares. It pays the bills and then some. I was employed here for a few years until I began working for a friend. The people here are very friendly. The training programs are free and help out a lot. Great place to work overall.

Cons

Late evening or weekend work may be required a couple times a year. But that comes with most developer positions these days. Especially in a financial field.

There are newer employer reviews for Jackson National Life