Great experiance and friendly staff

Former Employee - Intern  in  Denver, CO (US)
Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Jackson National Life as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Easy to move up within the company

Cons

The CEO is not engaging

N/A

Other Reviews for Jackson National Life

Poor corporate culture--Not a true sales culture

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Jackson National Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits were pretty good for the most part

Cons

The sales desk culture has become more and more bureaucratic over the years. This of course is normal for growing companies. However, Jackson is turning into an insurance company that....does not sell insurance... rather it's morphing into and competing for a market it really has no capability to compete in. The demands placed on the sales force and expectations from management might border on insanity. Currently turnover rate on the sales desk is high. If you are willing to join a revolving door -- churn em and burn em atmosphere-- then welcome to Jackson! If you are looking for a stable firm where you can be compensated according to your true sales talents, you will want to pass on interviewing for the Internal Wholesaler position. If you do interview for the position, make sure they explain the different compensation levels for IW's. Comp level 1, 2 and 3. The salaries posted here on Glassdoor are not representative of where you will start so make sure you have the recruiter or desk director answer the difficult question of compensation. Also, at Jackson, not all territories are created equal. Typically high turnover exists in the poor performing territories which is probably what you are interviewing for.

All in all, do your homework on the Variable annuity market and their new product Elite Access. Ask management the difficult questions in the interview process. This is a company that looks out for it's own interests first, and your interest second. Good luck!

Explain to IW's how you can justify the IW and BDC role per territory. Admit that you over hired from 2009-2011.

Quit hiring interns at dirt cheap pay and reward for experience and pay more

For 2 years in a row now you have slowly reduced pay year after year to run off your IW's that you paid trails to. You made it more and more difficult to get into boot camp yet tilted the comp plan to boot camp dependent.... why not just fire all the veterans and replace us with CU and CSU grads at 50K per year?

Very disappointing, You either sink or swim - Every Man or Woman for themself - job stability, Iffy!!

Former Employee - Non Financial/Financial Processor  in  Franklin, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Non Financial/Financial Processor in Franklin, TN (US)

I worked at Jackson National Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice enviroment, nice cafeteria, good benefits..... That's It!!!

Cons

I started with the company when they first arrived in Franklin, TN. I was very exciting at the beginning..... had a lot of boosting and encouragement by the company at the beginnig when I started... There were a lot more people that came on board....as we grew, things continued to change. Different departments transferred to this location from Lansing, Business was booming even more.... I felt very secure and comfortable with the company I worked for, and was doing pretty good for a while. As things started to settle, a little.... things started to change even more.... Not for the good. I will say, its not what you know, it's who you know..... Team work? this is a thing of the past.....competition, YES! Trying to get use to your own job and having to learn 4 to 5 other jobs at the same time, very stressful. Tons of multi-tasking , I will say. As far as the pay, for all the work you have to do? I don't think so.... Not enough per hour. I also will say that I don't approve of how everyone's productivity is broadcasted in a report on everyone's daily work progress which i feel should be between the supervisor and the employee. If the productivy numbers aren't up to par, you get warnings, then write ups, then.... terminated. This company is very numbers driven..... I am no longer with the company by my own choice. It took me a while to actually want to talk about this and this is not a complaint.....nor am I being disgruntal. This is just from my experience and I hope and pray that no one else has to go thru this ..... I actually started my own business, and I am doing very very well with it and I am very happy now.

Shape up or ship out!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Jackson National Life.

Worked for Jackson National Life? Contribute to the Community!