JetBlue

www.jetblue.com

What goes up must come down

Ground Operations Crew (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsIt all started Great! obviously you get flying for free. and being able to work as many hours as you desire. Great co-workers that are on the same level as you. Long breaks in between assignments. breaks were awsome. plenty of access to computers. Huge screen Television. They give you your uniform. They send you to Orlando for 2 weeks just to train. Basically, you could get any days off you wanted. Your schedule is set. it only changes four times a year. During the winter you can work a lot of overtime lines and you can make a lot of cash. Overall, working with this company was great.

ConsLeadership, Leadership, Leadership. Management was the worst part of the job. They were the most arrogant, Sarcastic, and unsupportive supervisors and managers that I have worked with. They picked favorites. The people who "suck up" or are the "brown nosers" are the ones that got treated with respect. The reason why I was terminated was because of an attendance issue. I was late about 10 times in 10 months for no more than 15 minutes each time. they would never excuse it no matter what the circumstance. I was involved in a car accident on my way to work and they told me " You are responsible to get to work on time." but when somone comes in and says "I'm late because I thought my shift started at a later time" and they would excuse them. it was ridiculous. This was a very rough Landing for me, I never would go back to that company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that as a whole company everyone is fairly happy with the way they work. but if you step down from the whole company perspective and zeroed in on each individual region, down to the city, down to the department, and finally down to each individual crew member I am sure you will get a huge variety of reviews. I knew people who loved the company loved getting walked on and disrespected. while others, like me who averaged 65 to 75 hours a week who just kept taking it and taking it, hated the job. I think you need to do a more in depth review of crewmembers before they are considered for leadership positions.

JetBlue: Bringing passion back to travel, starting with their crewmembers.

Customer Service/Airport Operations (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros: Being employed by JetBlue gives me an oppurtunity to work for an up and coming company and still have the values of a family owned… Cons: There are downsides of working in every field. The major disadvantage we endure here at JetBlue is the unstability of working in the airline industry.… Advice to Senior Management: Being senior management for such a large company is not simple. As far as the operational needs go i feel they haev a good amount… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

jetBlue a great place to work and to explore the world

Baggage Service Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros: the ability to be able to fly whenever you want to and whereever you want to (keeping in mind you are flying standby) anywhere in… Cons: The attendance is a little bit strict, the fact that you're going to have to give up your weekends if your seniortiy is not high… Advice to Senior Management: They're already going a great job, unlike other airlines cutting people they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on JetBlue.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!