There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Very mixed emotions.

Former Employee - Tailor  in  Chesapeake, VA (US)
Former Employee - Tailor in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved the tailoring position and my relationship with the customers

Cons

Corporate put an extreme amount of demands on the tailors and then you have a store manager that is a control freak, there is no way but out. My blood pressure fell 30 points, 3 days after I left.

Take a hard look at your guidelines concerning tailoring. You are driving your tailors into the ground.

355 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Vestal, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vestal, NY (US)

I worked at JoS. A. Bank part-time for less than a year

Pros

My store was very easy going. It was fun to learn about style and help others look good for some of their most important life moments. Customers were always very nice and the managers let you be independent once you got the training wheels taken off.

Cons

Completely unrealistic sales goals. I was there for several months and the entire time only two employees ever hit the goals and they barely hit them.

Bring down the sales goals and your employees will try harder. There were several employees that were disenfranchised because they thought they would never make goal.

What a missed opportunity Jos a bank has towards its employees and customers

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

NICE CUSTOMERS, a representation of poor management, great networking,okay money at a busy store

Cons

long hours, no training, horrible alterations, poor management at store level and regionally

train your staff, pay a little more, stop having sales, promote store level marketing to colleges, law offices, anybody who wears suits. at this point you've trained your customers to only come in when its a sale.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!