KPMG
3.5 of 5 2,736 reviews
www.kpmg.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great place to build a career...if they let you finish it there.

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
Montvale, NJ (US)

I worked at KPMG full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA few years ago the company was great on work/life balance, employee satisfaction (as evidenced by their survey approval ratings) and community service. The atmosphere was great and it was a fun place to work. My former colleagues and I would even schedule community service activities and use our 12 paid hours to go out and help others, which was a great feeling. I am giving 4 stars overall because I couldn't choose 3.5 and also based on the fact that I learned a lot of things in my time there. The people are very talented people, and most of them are very nice...I found some good friends here so that bumps it up to 4 instead of down to 3.

ConsEventually, things started to change. The work/life balance disappeared...this all started with round, after round, after round, after round of layoffs and outsourcing. The office topic became about "who was working until midnight last night" or "who worked this weekend." Silly office politics started to come into play and people eventually seemed to forget how to smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the talent of your employees. Stop looking to make the review process ever more difficult and stop playing silly office politics and giving better reviews to people who do less work but are favorites for whatever subjective reason. Some people here work very hard and are overlooked, overworked and are the ones that are usually given crap while others are allowed to coast by. Be fair to everyone and show more appreciation for your employees. And for crying out loud, remember to have fun! A dull workplace makes for a poor workplace.

Good job for college graduates

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at KPMG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Supportive environment for building up technical skills, especially useful for entry level accountants who often make mistakes. Clear-cut career path, relatively fast career advancement. Flat… Cons: Horrible hours, especially during peak seasons. Life styles differ greatly among engagements. Accounting and analytical piece fun… Advice to Senior Management: Differentiate salary to retain the best people. Current salary structure… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Internship Experience

Audit Intern (Former Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I worked at KPMG as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Willing to invest in your growth. Cons: Extensive hours commitment as an intern. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on KPMG.

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees.