KPMG

Decent place to work

Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at KPMG

ProsGreat learning experience, technical knowledge, professional skills, opens doors for follow-on career opportunities. Well connected internationally, and good opportunities for learning outside your core function.

ConsPolitics is not bad, but your fate can depend on one person. Performance management has room for improvement as grading system puts 80-90% of people in "average" rank. Managers may be reviewed by Sr. managers, which is almost similar to being reviewed by your peers - huge conflict of interest.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in senior leadership. Do not promote someone to partner or director, just because warm body is needed in that corner office.

ok place to work

I have been working at KPMG

Pros: KPMG offers people right out of college a career with many of the their peers, which is a… Cons: Those that work hard ultimately suffer as they tend to get… Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to track people's schedules and make sure they are appropriately balanced, as the same people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Review

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)

I worked at KPMG

Pros: As far a public accounting firms go, KPMG is a great place to work. Compensation is in line with three other "big four" firms and… Cons: The nature of public company auditing means that depending on the clients you serve there is basically no work life balance from December to March… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management generally does a good job of communicating to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on KPMG.

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees.