KPMG US

www.kpmg.com
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

KPMG is great

Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Career progression and brand name are the two reasons why I decided to join KPMG. They really know how to treat their employees well. The Houston office has bought Cirque du Soleil tickets for everyone in the office, and they have rented a yacht to have a party on. In the tax department during busy season, there is always free food, and they buy dinner for you ever night. The benefits are top notch as well. I think it is the only company that gives you five weeks vacation starting off.

Cons

It is very structured. Your career progression is not really based on performance.

I would tell them that they are doing a great job.

3287 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Great place to build a resume, your breakeven is 5 years.

Former Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

Getting the Big 4 experience and resume building

Cons

Management doesn't give a rats ass about the employees in spite of what the HR policy says.

It's too late. It's over run by people that are like minded.

Not what I expected, but I'm not surprised.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

The 5 weeks of paid vacation and the flexibility during the off season somewhat make up for the hours lost during the busy seasons. The atmosphere is a lot calmer and people are not as edgy when not under deadline and overall, almost everyone is easy to get a long with. Although this does not necessarily apply to my practice and my current level, there are global opportunities and rotations within other practices given the availability.

Cons

Given the volume of work, busy season does indeed take over you life with its fair share of weekends and post midnight work days depending on the projects and deadlines. A lot of what is done during the first year is very tedious and at times makes you wonder if you really needed to major in accounting to perform the job. It does not seem until you make at least senior will you really be able to focus more on the analysis of tax issues and rules. Due to the specialized nature of the NY tax practice, National trainings at times seem pointless as many subjects covered will not even be apply to certain groups/industries.

Stop hiring the same people

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US