Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org

Great pay and benefits, work/life balance, but very stressful job

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Vallejo, CA (US)

ProsPay is great, benefits great. Leading edge new technologies. Nice coworkers. Large, stable company. Strives to meet customer and employee expectations for excellence. Wonderful clinical resources that are just not available at other healthcare systems.

ConsManagement at my particular location are very critical, non supportive, and utilize threats & fear to motivate their staff. Culture of collaboration does not exist between staff and management. Some managers are friendly, while others are cold and hostile. Does not feel like a team environment. Most of the senior management does not respect the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivation through fear and threats lowers morale and performance.Performance review should also include praise for what is done well. Staff feel more engaged when they are given opportunity to share/be included in day to day activities.Positive support and resources helps employees to learn and grow in our roles.

Gold standard in managed health care

Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great Company and pioneer / gold standard in Managed… Cons: Size and history can create bureaucratic hurdles Advice to Senior Management: Better coordinate interview / screening process. During 3rd level interviews senior exec… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great organization where people care about our members and patients above all else.

Senior Director (Current Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros: Commitment to providing affordable high-quality health care, which includes many millions… Cons: It's a very large organization, and you have to know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!