Ketchum

www.ketchum.com
  www.ketchum.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum

Challenging at times, like any big agency, but focused on client service (not office intrigue)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

In a town and industry that can be frustratingly crowded with self promoters, the team at Ketchum is remarkably collegial, professional and dedicated to client service. From top to bottom, I'm not sure I've worked with a more talented, hard-working group of people.

Cons

I don't think there's anything unique to Ketchum that isn't problematic in the industry as a whole. Clients are demanding, hours can be long, and the job itself is stressful (but comes with high rewards).

I know the company took significant steps to avoid laying off staff during the downturn, and I hope they show an equal dedication to sharing the benefits of a stronger performance this year.

110 Other Employee Reviews for Ketchum (View Most Recent)

Brilliant Minds in a Fun Environment

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

Hands down, the best thing Ketchum has going is its talent. Working with extremely creative people everyday makes it easy to come into the office. My first week on the job, I was blown away with everyone's mind power. What's more, the network of resources available to you at Ketchum makes your job that much easier. Ketchum also has an impressive client roster and has won tons of awards for its strategic and creative work for Fortune 500 clients. Lots of opportunity here to learn and grow, especially as a junior staffer.

Cons

There have definitely been some times of uncertainty and confusion in the office because of a lack of communication from upper management during times of change (new hires, departures, office status, etc.)

I have my dream job here at Ketchum. I have work-life balance and spend my days with intelligent, creative, fun people.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

In my field, Ketchum is recognized as a true leader. I have phenomenal resources from throughout the agency to help me and my team deliver top results to clients. We really care about doing excellent work and having a thriving workplace. We work with colleagues from different offices throughout our network and the Global Practice Leader for my specialty area is one of the brightest in the business.

Cons

Ketchum is owned by Omnicom, which is a publicly-traded company. As such, we must adhere to very strict rules and some procedures can be cumbersome.

There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum