Kohl's
3.0 of 5 1,762 reviews
www.kohlscorporation.com Menomonee Falls, WI 5000+ Employees

Great team environment but Executives are worked like dogs

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Kohl's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe store has a great team environment, one big family. Development is non-stop and the company continually looks to promote from within.

ConsStore hours are not condusive to a healthy work-life balance. Often times executives are expected to close late (11 p.m. or later) and turn around and be back at 6 a.m. Store Manager does not seem to put as much support into the Executive team, often times leaving them to cover SM shift when the SM leaves early. Equality among the Executive team is non-existent, often times leaving 1 executive handling 80% of the load themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more interest the how happy your team really is. Offer to handle the front lines more often so the team can focus on what needs to be done and get tasks completed efficiently. Have more consideration for work-life balance for entire team and not just themselves.

Overworked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kohl's full-time

Pros: made a lot of friends 4 weeks of vacation is nice… Cons: averaged 60+ hours Did 35+ days straight once at about 14 hours a day Worked 108 hours in 8 days once Pay wasn't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good management and opportunities; still retail.

Jewelry Associate (Former Employee)
Fort Myers, FL (US)

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros: -Flexible scheduling and good work/life balance -Decent opportunities for advancement -Strong communication… Cons: -It's still retail - customers are often inconsiderate, rude, messy,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kohl's.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohl's CEO Kevin B. Mansell. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees.